Basbousa with Dates
- A cup of date paste
- A glass of water
- 1 cup of soft semolina
- Half a cup of brown sugar
- Half a cup of vegetable oil
- 3 big spoons of powdered milk
- 1 little spoon of instant yeast
- 1 little spoon of vanilla extract
- A cup of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of cinnamon (ground)
- 2 big spoons of tahini
- 1/4 cup pistachios (crushed / for garnish)
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, and brush the baking sheet with the tahini.
- In a bowl, put the oil and sugar, and blend the ingredients until they are combined.
- Add the date paste, water, and milk, and with an electric mixer, mix the mixture until combined.
- Add semolina, yeast, and vanilla, and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour the dough into an oven tray, and flatten the surface by spatula.
- Put the tray in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until its color becomes golden.
- Take the tray out of the oven and pour the sweetened condensed milk on top, and sift the ground cinnamon on top.
- Garnish the Basbousah with the pistachios, cut into pieces and serve it.